Pro bono international environmental activities
- Ferry system planning For regional benefit; to improve
safety in developing areas.
- Contaminated urban waterfront redevelopment. Strategic
planning for dredging projects: public outreach, agency contacts, specify
technical information needed.
- Port development: Planning for environmental protection,
public outreach, innovative technology for maximum sustainability in urban
- Freight transportation planning. Incorporating land
use and community concerns in freight plan for complex urban environment.
Freight village evaluation and planning.
- Advancing maritime freight transportation technologies
. Promoting the use of clean fuel technology. Promoting freight ferries.
- Advancing mixed use, esthetic waterfront design. Working
with architects and design professionals.
- Co-chair of American Friends of EcoPeace -
Friends of the Earth Middle East
- Developed plan for restoration of industrial canal in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Developed plan for restoration of Estero Salada in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
For more information about
The Partnership for Sustainable Ports